You finally bought your dream home. It took time and hard-earned money, but now it’s yours. You’ve put your heart and soul into this house; all of your belongings are moved in. You can finally sit and relax on the couch and enjoy the rest of your life in this house. But then, the unexpected happens.
Your kid is trying do the laundry and the room floods. A tornado rips through your town. A hurricane blows through, winds knocking trees down left and right. An earthquake shakes your house loose. You don’t want to lose your dream house over something that could have been covered by homeowners insurance.
What is Covered by Homeowners Insurance
A standard home insurance policy can provide the following types of coverage:
- Dwelling – This pays for any damage or destruction to your home or any unattached structures/buildings on your property, such as fences, sheds, or an unattached garage.
- Personal Property – This covers the contents of your home, such as furniture, appliances, even clothing, in the even that they were stolen or damaged.
- Liability – This protects you from any financial loss if you’re sued by someone who may have been injured on your property or for any damage to your property.
- Medical Payments – This covers any medical bills for those who have been hurt on your property. It may also cover for some injuries that may happen away from your home such as your dog biting a person.
- Loss of Use – This pays for additional living expenses if your home becomes too damaged to live in.
There are also optional coverage that you can select, such flood insurance and damage from natural disasters.
Slocum Insurance Can Protect Your Home
Of all the companies that offer homeowners insurance, Slocum Insurance in Dallas, PA, can help you prepare for the unexpected today with home insurance. Our homeowners insurance plans can help you pay for repairs on the house, replacement costs for anything damaged, or even extra living expenses while your home is being fixed. We want to make sure your investment in your dream house does not go to waste. We work with companies that offer homeowners insurance, such as Travelers, Briar Creek, Progressive and Encompass, to provide you and your family with a range of home insurance policies. Our Luzerne County home insurance agents will work with you and help you decide which home insurance policies are best for you and your family, based on your needs, wants and home.
Home is where the heart is. It’s where you can either begin a family or a raise a family. It is where you will grow old and enjoy your days. Your family depends on having this home as a central sanctuary to spend their days. So they rely on you to protect it. We’re here so you can rely on us to protect it with you. So no matter what happens, whether it be rain, wind or theft, we’ve got you covered.
If you’re from the Back Mountain area, or anywhere in Northeastern PA, call Slocum Insurance today to decide which homeowners insurance policies are right for you.